Small Oakland County city founded in 1832 as Thompson's Corners and renamed for its location in Lyon Township, which honors legislator Lucius Lyon; incorporated as a village in 1873 and a city in 1930 source
Witch's Hat Depot Museum
Queen Anne railroad depot built by the Grand Trunk Western in 1909, named for its conical roof; moved to McHattie Park in 1976 and a museum since 1981 source
South Lyon Historic Village
Six-building historic village in McHattie Park including the depot, a circa-1926 caboose, the 1930 Little Village Chapel, and a freight house source
Washburn School
One-room schoolhouse built in 1907, preserved in the South Lyon Historic Village source
McHattie Park
City park on Pontiac Trail between Nine and Ten Mile roads, home of the historic village and connected to the Huron Valley Rail Trail source
Huron Valley Rail Trail
Paved pedestrian and bicycle trail through town on the former Airline Railroad corridor, linking South Lyon to Lyon and Milford townships source