10 easy ways to protect yourself against lyme disease!
- Walk in the middle of trails; avoid sitting on logs and leaning on trees.
- Wear a hat, tuck in hair, if possible.
- Wear long-sleeved shirt fitted at the wrist.
- Wear shoes, no bare feet or sandals.
- Wear long pants tucked into high socks or duct tape around pants.
- Consider Deet for skin and permethrin for clothes.
- Wear white or light-colored clothing to make it easier to see ticks.
- Do tick checks immediately and 3 days after outdoor activity.
- If you find a tick, remove it carefully and save it.
- Ask your veterinarian about protection for your pets.